Types of Cancer
Breast cancer is a type of cancer that develops in one or both breasts. There are several kinds of breast cancer, which include:
- Invasive ductal carcinoma
- Ductal carcinoma in situ
- Invasive lobular carcinoma
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Metastatic breast cancer
- Recurrent breast cancer
- Male breast cancer
Symptoms of breast cancer vary from person to person, depending on the type of cancer.
Some common early warning signs include:
- General pain in any part of the breast;
- Alterations in the appearance of the nipple(s);
- Nipple discharge that is not breast milk;
- Skin changes on the breasts, including swelling or redness;
- Lumps or nodes felt inside either breast.
Early detection is key in breast cancer, so it is important to never ignore these warning signs and to receive regular mammograms. For more information, call 618-288-9044.